Here is another no-equipment workout. Now, I mean, no GYM equipment. Today, we're going to be using a "prop" to help us get a great bodyweight workout or even more intense workout based upon what you're carrying at the time. So, let's get to it!
Oh, no, I'm stuck at the airport or maybe I'm at the park with no equipment, BUT I BROUGHT MY TRUSTY BACKPACK. I bought mine from King Kong and it's super durable and a great all around product. It's a bit pricey for some, but I think it was worth it as I've had no problems with it at all.
- Set your upper body by making your chest proud and keep your eyes up.
- Step forward and make sure your footing is solid.
- Bend your back knee and hover it close to the ground.
- Press off your front foot until you're standing once again.
- Cross your arms, have your elbows out a bit (this setup is because of the backpack straps)
- Set your stance a bit wider than your hips
- Screw your feet into the ground and sit back, sending your weight into your mid-foot and heels
- Send your hips to your heels like you're sitting on a chair.
- Go to a squat depth that's comfortable without breaking form.
- Return to standing position.
THE SHOULDER PRESS
- Grab the upper handle of your backpack and position it on the backside of your arm
- Keep your wrist over your elbow for a strong arm position.
- Press overhead until your elbow extends, PUNCH THE SKY! ...stupid sky.
- Return to the first position.
THE HI PULL
- Start with both hands gripping the top strap of the backpack.
- Pull the backpack across the body and lift it until it's about mid-chest.
- Don't let your elbows flair too high, keep them around shoulder height.
- Control the decent of the pack on your way back to the first position.
THE FORWARD RAISE
- Grab both the shoulder straps.
- Brace your core by flexing your abs.
- Lift the pack out in front of you like you're handing it to someone to shoulder height.
- Control the decent of the pack back to the first position.
- Hold the pack in one hand, extend your arm. Make sure you have a firm grip!
- Curl the pack up without swaying your upper body.
THE OVERHEAD TRICEP PRESS
- Grab the top handle with both hands. Position the pack behind your shoulders.
- Keep your elbows in place and extend your arms, pressing the weight of the pack through the back of your arms (the tricep).
- Control the decent of the pack on the way back down to the first position.
- Grab the top handle of the pack with both hands.
- Widen your stance to allow the pack to position itself between your knees.
- Butt back, chest high. Take the pack to your butt and then extend your hips by standing up quickly.
- Send the pack out and away from you. Keep a hold of the pack and secure all the items in the pack before doing this. :)
- Place the pack on the ground.
- Hop over it. Pretty simple.
Increase your rep count by +2 with every new round.
- 10X LUNGES
- 10X SQUATS
- 20X SHOULDER PRESS (10R/10L)
- 10x HI-PULL
- 20X CURL (10R/10L)
- 10X FRONT RAISE
- 10X TRICEP PRESS
- 10X SWINGS
- 10X HOPS
- REST :30