Paleo scotch eggs are one of our favorite foods at #Nerdstrong! They are packed with protein, are easy to eat on the go, and are great for any meal of the day. Best of all, they are SUPER easy to make and a batch can last you the whole week! The whole process takes about 50 minutes to prep and cook.
You will need:
- 6 medium eggs
- 1 lb lean ground sausage**
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
**Make sure that you are buying a sugar-free sausage! Check the ingredients for sugar and all it's evil cousins and aliases! We recommend Mulay's sausages, available at some Whole Food stores, or that you make your own sausage in about 10 minutes!
1) Prep by preheating the oven to 350°F and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
3) Take the shells off the eggs and rinse them to make sure they don't have any bits of shell stuck on them.
4) To wrap each egg, take about a ⅓ cup of the sausage and flatten until it is about as big as the palm of your hand.
5) Put the egg in the center of your little sausage patty. Carefully fold the sausage up, gradually flattening as you go, until the cooked egg is completely wrapped in a meat cocoon. Make sure there are no cracks and that the meaty wrap is the same thickness all around.
6) Place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on them for some extra flavor!
7) Bake for 15-20 minutes. Eat hot or cold.
- Once you perfect this recipe, you can start customizing it and making it your own! Try different types of sausage, or eat them with paleo dipping sauces.
- This is also an easy recipe to double or even triple!
Coach Marla got this idea from stupideasypaleo.com and introduced it to the crew at a recent eating seminar.